It’s the most wonderful time of the yeaarrrrrr!!
In honor of this time of the year 😉 I thought I would give some self-care tips! Christmas time can be busy for a lot of people and, for a lot of us coming out of finals, self-care is much needed.
1) Find something you love…it can be simple or it can be ornate. What fills you up inside and makes you feel peaceful? For me, that’s face masks, baking, coloring, and spending time with people I love. Think about something that you did that made you feel just great and try to do more of that.
2) If you find yourself feeling stressed or overwhelmed, take a deeeeeeppp breath. Breathing has a lot to do with our stress. I’m not saying it will end it, but a deep breath goes a long way when you’re feeling overwhelmed.
3) Positive affirmations/quotes/thoughts/encouragements/verses–whatever works for you! For me, putting verses around my room and on the notes of my phone really help me to find solace when my head starts spinning. This can also be a self-care activity! Like drawing or lettering your favorite quote or verse.
4) Don’t compare. Easier said than done, but don’t compare yourself or your choices to anyone else. You are your own person and have your own personality. If you need to take some time to color, do that. Don’t judge yourself based on what another person is doing. If you need rest, take it.
5) Smile. Do it 🙂 🙂 🙂 It’s amazing how powerful a smile is! Not only to ourselves but to other people! I heard somewhere that smiling actually lifts your spirits…i don’t know if that’s true, but it sounds believable!
What are your favorite self-care activities? Let me know in the comments!